I am an experienced UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor and BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and a UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor. I have training in Gestalt psychotherapy and Person Centred counselling. Gestalt is an integrative therapy and provides an opportunity to increase awareness of yourself and your relationships. I work with the belief that you know how to support yourself and how to solve your own problems, but sometimes you may get stuck in an unhelpful pattern and need someone else to help you to get out of it. Sometimes this may need a cognitive approach, sometimes a creative one, it depends on you. I offer long term and short term therapy and personal development work. I enjoy working creatively and am able to support you when you are vulnerable and to challenge you when you are stuck.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – 2002
- Certificate in Counselling Studies – 2003
- Cruse, Understanding Bereavement – 2005
- Diploma in Counselling – 2005
- Diploma in Supervision – 2012
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy – 2014
- BACP Senior Accreditation – 2015
- Certificate in Couples Counselling – 2016
- EMDR Part One Training – 2016
Additional workshops undertaken Diversity, Creativity, and use of sand trays, the use of CBT for practitioners trained in a different theoretical approach, and gestalt body work.
I have over thirteen years of experience and have worked in several different settings including the NHS, the charity sector and private practice. I am currently supervising at two local hospices.